Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Trailer Break: Silence


This movie was almost starting to feel like a figment of my cinematic dreams, but it really is REAL, and it looks incredible.  My everything still says that La La Land is going to coast to win all the Oscars, because it has the added bonus of not only dazzling at the festivals but building buzz that seems to actually be validated by the finished product, but if any film this year can come out of the shadows and steal all the attention, it's a Martin Scorsese passion project that looks THIS good.  I need this movie in my life right now!

12 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen trailer, thanks for sharing! Looks like a year for Andrew Garfield to shine (with Hacksaw Ridge also in the mix for awards consideration)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like he possibly struck gold this year. Let's hope this makes him a real star.

      Delete
  2. I'm on the fence! Shutter Island is the only Scorsese movie I've really loved, but Silence stars 3 of my favourite actors, so there's no way that I'm going to skip this.
    You rarely steer me wrong though Fisti, so I have faith in you!
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has all the makings to be something truly remarkable. I hope that it is!

      Delete
  3. I saw this trailer for the first time last night, and it looks amazing. I'm ready for more people to see Adam Driver beyond Kylo Ren and Girls. I love that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's having quite the year. His role here is said to be killer, and there is a possible chance for him to snag Oscar attention, unless Neeson sucks it all up. Double Supporting Actor noms would be awesome!

      Delete
  4. I'm not terribly sure that this looks like something that interests me, but I know Scorsese is the man...so of course I have to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks WAY up my ally, to be honest. I'm all in for this one.

      Delete
  5. Martin Scorsese puts my ass in the seat!!!! I so want to fucking see this.

    ReplyDelete