Saturday, May 7, 2016

It's Only the End of the World...Poster and Clips


First...gasp.  I am.  This poster is just beautiful.

Second...no, I'm not back, but what would be the purpose of me being excited about anything in this life if I couldn't share that excitement, and as this site is nicknamed 'A Fistful of Dolan', we all know that my most anticipated movie of this year is It's Only the End of the World.


I have so many feels right now.  Gaspard Ulliel's expression in the second clip, during that hug, has my heart skipping so many beats.  Baye's line delivery, Seydoux's naturalness, Cassel's assholery, Cotillard's complete transcendence (without a word she stole that whole first clip) and MY GOD Gabriel Yared's score is already frontrunner for the 2016 Fisti...just breathtaking.

I can't wait to read the reviews out of Cannes.  I'm not sure my body is ready for this.  My DREAM director/actress pairing has been Dolan & Cotillard for years now, and this has made all my dreams come true.  I need this to be the greatest movie of my life (next to Mommy, of course).

So...love you all and no I'm not ignoring you...I plan on responding to all your comments, I promise, I've just been a tad preoccupied lately.

Now come, bask with me in the beauty of Dolan's next masterpiece!

14 comments:

  1. I WANT TO FUCKING SEE THIS!!! I WANT TO GO TO CANNES!!! I'm sad that my darling Jena won't be there as she is due either late this month/early next month for her new baby. I'm glad you're back just to post this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you wrote here and this film sounds really good. I have not ignored your Mommy posts and will be reading each one since I saw that brilliant film. Hope all is well. I just finished the A to Z challenge so that took a lot of my time. Wishing you well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this! Dolan and this cast are amazing. I still need to see Tom at the Farm though, that movie is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed Mommy, too. Looking forward to when I can get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poster is giving me ALL the feels. I'm not watching the clips and probably won't read the reviews because I don't want to be spoiled, but all I can say right now is...

    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Drew! I was just starting a post about Cannes film and when I saw this one I immediately thought of you! This one looks interesting and of course I'm always up for a film w/ miss Marion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited about this! And I'm so glad to see you post even if it's not regular thing yet. I hope everything is going well with you! And that you're still making your way through Thrones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may not be back, but I'm very glad to see you! This poster is a feast for the eyes. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really excited for this. The film im most looking forward to from this years Cannes lineup along with Farhadi's Salesman

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so ready for this! The Cannes reviews have me a little nervous, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've overstayed my welcome on the '63 awards as far as comments go, so I'll put this here. One of my favorite stories is from a video game, Silent Hill 2, and I'd REALLY like to share with you this "movie" someone made of the game. You could kinda say this is to me what Mommy is to you hehe. I know you're busy as fuck, but I really think you'll enjoy it ^^ Plus it's only an hour and 30, so not horribly long XD Anyways, enjoy~! ^^

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJov_z64DNAhUC4IMKHRvZB80QtwIIIjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dirl9FCHpXV0&usg=AFQjCNEIvpzWSOI2y4YjbLo50d2_5tw5hw&sig2=dNeUmdq2L9sR2CIqf7OVHQ&bvm=bv.123325700,d.aXo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if you've heard, but this year the Academy gained 683 new members... and one of them is Xavier Dolan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no concept that something ends. In any film, for example with a good ending http://putlockers.watch/ something and will happen again.

    ReplyDelete