Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Trailer + Poster Break: A Bigger Splash


Have you seen this?  I admit, I haven't been following much on this one, even though there has been lots of talk about it since early last year.  Guadagnino's I Am Love is one of those films I'm constantly telling myself I need to revisit, simply because the reasons I told myself I didn't like it are reasons I'm pretty sure I'd love it upon a revisit, and this trailer is so melodramatically beautiful, I'm convinced it could be one of the best films of the year.  This trailer is so damned sexy!  Everything about this film is dripping with sexual intensity and a vibrancy I wasn't expecting.

And have you seen these?







Delicious!  This just jumped WAY up to the tip top of my most anticipated of the year.  

Thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. Somebody get some A/Cs in the theater because this movie looks HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to see this as the idea of Tilda Swinton as a David Bowie-like singer is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Plus, I'm thinking of writing a musical to the songs of Bowie. I just got a find a story and what songs to use but also what deep cuts and B-sides to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS! Bowie is the first thing I thought of too. Great casting choice!

      The idea of a Bowie musical sounds very intriguing. I'd be interested to hear what you come up with.

      Delete
  3. OMG! I so want to see this film-it looks sensual and so enticing. Love Fiennes and Swinton is perfect! I read about your take with Bowie (above). Did you see the video of Bowie with Tilda Swinton in the video? In fact, there is a picture where she dresses like Bowie and he dressed like Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mentioned this months ago and then wonder whatever happened to this film? Man I'd so watch this just for the cast, esp the Ralph & Tilda pairing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks so loose and fun and then...desperately melodramatic...so I'm all over this one!

      Delete