Monday, December 21, 2015

Mouthi Awards Ceremony Page


So, in my absence from the blogging world, I found that while I didn't have time to watch a lot of movies (sadly), I did have time to do something else; listen to music.  Yes, equipped with Spotify on my phone (which was conveniently placed in my pocket) I was able to digest about 150 albums in three months.  This got me to thinking...why don't I have personal music awards?  Actually, this is all Josh's fault, truly.  Now, I don't follow The Grammys, but I do listen to music, and so there is no reason I shouldn't compile my personal preferences and share them with my blogging community.

So that's what I'm going to do.

Unlike The Grammys, The Mouthi Awards look at completed albums released within a calendar year; January - December, and singles released in years prior or after are only eligible in the year in which the album itself was released (unless it was formally released on an EP).  This means songs like Photograph by Ed Sheeran are not eligible in 2015 despite being released as a single in that year, since it was released on his album X from 2014 (and so it is eligible in that year).

On this page is where you'll find links to every completed Mouthi Awards (Fistful of Films...Mouthful of Music).  So far, the only completed year is 2015, but more will be coming, for sure, so check back here frequently to see if there are any updates.  The 2015 Mouthi Awards Ceremony (more on that in a second) will be posted on January 1st, and each new Mouthi Awards will follow the same pattern (hopefully), being posted on the 1st of every year.  All past years will come as they are completed.

Now, I said ceremony and that's what I meant.  I wanted to do something special to set these awards apart from the Fisti Awards, and so I decided to post these in faux ceremony form with presenters and speeches and all the above, so I hope it wasn't a waste of time and you do actually enjoy the format.

You'll be able to access this page at any time by clicking on the icon at the top right of the blog.

Ceremonies

12 comments:

  1. 150 albums in 3 months! That's a lot of music you consumed. I look forward to the music posts. That's the cool thing about music fans who have a blog, they can share whatever music they love with others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a lot of music to digest, but it was easy to do when you have it playing pretty much all day long. I look forward to your thoughts on my ballots/winners!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a bunch of albums in not a lot of time. Looking forward to the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Bring on the Mouthis!

    Ha, glad it was my fault. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEK, I just hope it lives up!

      LOL...you had to go and tweet me about making a top ten list...and I just couldn't stop there. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!

      Delete
  4. A fistful of films... a mouthful of music... LOVE IT! Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you approve! It felt fitting :-D

      Delete
  5. Omg, such a great idea. 👏
    150 albums? I listened to less than 15, I think. Sad that Spotify is available just in US, here not such thing, sadly.
    I listened to a few great albums, tho. What did you think about American Beauty/American Psycho, Beauty Behind the Madness, Blurryface, E•MO•TION, To Pimp a Butterfly, Rodeo, B4.DA.$$, Tetsuo and Youth, King Push - Darkest Before Dawn - The Prelude, Twelve Reasons To Die II, Compton and If Youre Reading This Its Too Late?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've listened to 6 of those...and 5 of them will make their presence known in the Mouthi Awards in one way shape or form...some ranking very, very high.

      Delete
    2. Which you've ones listened to? I'm really curious.

      Delete
    3. Fall Out Boy, Weeknd, Twenty One Pilots, Jepson, Lamar and Drake.

      Delete