Sunday, April 26, 2015

2015 Movie Reviews Page


It's time!  My first review is up, and so I'll be keeping track of all my 2015 movie reviews here on this page, linked to the image to the right of the blog, so that you can reference them any time you'd like.  You'll see them separated by letter grade below.

Number of Films Seen: 80

A+
A
Brooklyn
Cinderella
Creep
Dope
Far From the Madding Crowd
Girlhood
It Follows
Phoenix
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Revenant
Son of Saul
Spotlight
Testament of Youth

A-
45 Years
Amy
He Named Me Malala
In the Heart of the Sea
Infinitely Polar Bear
James White
Macbeth
Mistress America
Mustang
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

B+
Pan
Southpaw
Spectre
Spy
Tom at the Farm
Water Diviner, The
White God

B
'71
Ant Man
The Big Short
Clouds of Sils Maria
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Pt. II
Maps to the Stars
The Martian
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Respire
Sicario
Steve Jobs
Tangerine

B-
About Elly
Bone Tomahawk
Creed
Everest
Furious 7
The Gift
I'll See You In My Dreams
The Intern
Jurassic World
Mississippi Grind
Room
While We're Young
The Wonders

C+
Black Mass
Goodnight Mommy
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Pitch Perfect 2

C
Every Secret Thing
The Hunting Grounds
Legend
A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence
Tomorrowland
The Walk

C-
Fifty Shades of Grey
The Hateful Eight
Suffragette
Youth

D
Chi-Raq
The Minions
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

F
The Danish Girl
The Good Dinosaur
Home
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

*all grades subject to change

12 comments:

  1. Hahaaaaa-so you have not see Mall Cop 2 then? I will look forward to looking back on this page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not yet...but I actually want to since I love Kevin James and enjoyed the first one :-P

      Delete
  2. Wayhey! I have an abysmal number of 2015 movies watched so far, I don't know what's going on!
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you've seen more than me...and my measly one!

      Delete
  3. I think we're running 1 to 1 now. I saw The Wedding Ringer and I think that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been so busy trying to finish my viewing list for 2014 that I've ignored 2015 altogether, but I had to see The Water Diviner opening weekend because, well...duh!

      Delete
  4. Haha, I love that image of Crowe as the logo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd recommend checking out The Martian or Mad Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eventually. This movie is messing things up for me with movie watching, but they are on my watch list for sure!

      Delete
  6. What the...? Man, The Revenant was so, so great (I mean better than great actually).
    Why didn't you give The Revenant an A+?
    I mean it is your grading and all, but really, why? The Revenant is at least one of the best films OF THE DECADE, maybe not THE best but still top 10-15 material. Technical perfection, strong and riveting story, excellent acting all across the board (probably Leo's best performance), the kind of movie that should be taught in film school. Dammit, even if you consider the bear that looked a bit too CG, still the film is so good it makes up for it.
    The Revenant is the kind of movie that I'll argue "you can't say this is an A+, you simply can't". There are so few and far between films that can achieve that from me. Still I respect your opinion and try to understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait till I review it!

      LOL, I loved the movie. It's on my current BP ballot and I currently nominate it a slew of places, but is it perfect? Not to me. It's a brilliant technical piece of filmmaking, but I've seen better this year.

      And the bear scene was tremendously done...no qualms there.

      But I'll review it soon. And my grades are always subject to change, as the fine print specifies, so after another watch I may be inclined to hand it a '+'...

      Delete