Thursday, January 22, 2015

BFCA Winners and an Awards Tally Page update...

YAY!  Boyhood wins!
I'm obviously trying out sarcasm.

So, I don't know why I didn't post these earlier in the week (or was it last week) when these aired and the winners were crowned, but I've been busy posting other things and I kind of forgot.  I did, however, adjust the Awards Tally Page to reflect ONLY the Oscar nominees, and I did add in the BFCA wins (that mattered) as well as looking up info on the Shorts and the festivals they played at (and won awards at) so that we can get a better handle on those films and their Oscar prospects.

So check all that out if you want.

Oh, yeah, and the BFCA winners are...


Best Picture – “Boyhood”
Best Actor – Michael Keaton, “Birdman”
Best Actress – Julianne Moore, “Still Alice”
Best Supporting Actor – J.K. Simmons, “Whiplash”
Best Supporting Actress – Patricia Arquette, “Boyhood”
Best Young Actor/Actress – Ellar Coltrane, “Boyhood”
Best Acting Ensemble – “Birdman”
Best Director – Richard Linklater, “Boyhood”
Best Original Screenplay – Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris Jr., Armando Bo, “Birdman”
Best Adapted Screenplay – Gillian Flynn, “Gone Girl”
Best Cinematography – Emmanuel Lubezki, “Birdman”
Best Art Direction – Adam Stockhausen (Production Designer), Anna Pinnock (Set Decorator), “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Best Editing – Douglas Crise, Stephen Mirrione, “Birdman”
Best Costume Design – Milena Canonero, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Best Hair & Makeup – “Guardians of the Galaxy”
Best Visual Effects – “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”
Best Animated Feature – “The Lego Movie”
Best Action Movie – “Guardians of the Galaxy”
Best Actor in an Action Movie – Bradley Cooper, “American Sniper”
Best Actress in an Action Movie – Emily Blunt, “Edge of Tomorrow”
Best Comedy – “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Best Actor in a Comedy – Michael Keaton, “Birdman”
Best Actress in a Comedy – Jenny Slate, “Obvious Child”
Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie – “Interstellar”
Best Foreign Language Film – “Force Majeure”
Best Documentary Feature – “Life Itself”
Best Song – “Glory”, Common and John Legend, “Selma”
Best Score – Antonio Sanchez, “Birdman”

Yeah, BORING...

The most interesting thing about that night were the irritated faces of the entire Selma crew, you know, since these happened the same day that the Oscar nominations were announced.

8 comments:

  1. That little kid won for best young actor? That kid from Boyhood? He was irritating as all hell. I think Boyhood will win and in years to come, people will look at it and go "WTF were we thinking?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on Keaton but seriously Boyhood again?? I still haven't mustered enough interest to see it yet, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd tell you not to bother...but you should make up your own mind on that one.

      Delete
  3. I'm thrilled about the Birdman love, but I think my favorite win, honestly, is Emily Blunt for Edge of Tomorrow. She's awesome in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to see the other half of Edge of Tomorrow...I started it with a friend and wound up having to leave half way through and never saw the end of it.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you need to finish it!

      Delete
    3. I know! I liked what I saw, but life got in the way (I think a kid threw up and I had to get him home) and I just haven't been able to go back to it.

      Delete