Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Art Directors Guild Nominations!


And, with the start of the guilds announcing their support, Oscar is starting to look clearer and clearer.  Maybe I was too swift in declaring American Sniper out of this race...

Period Film
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Inherent Vice
The Theory of Everything
Unbroken

Fantasy Film
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Guardians of the Galaxy
Interstellar
Into the Woods

Contemporary Film
American Sniper
Birdman
Foxcatcher
Gone Girl
Nightcrawler

The only real snub I see here is The Hobbit in Fantasy, but enough is enough with that franchise, so YAY!

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently predicting American Sniper to SLAY on Oscar morning. I've even got Cooper taking the Carell/Gyllenhaal/Fiennes slot. Watch it completely miss, even in the below-the-line categories. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling Cooper may be the one to predict, ATM. I really wish I hadn't taken him out of the Tally Page last month.

      Delete
  2. This is interesting how they separated the films which I like actually. I love all the LOTR/Hobbit films but it doesn't even have a whisper for any awards i think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the bigger shocks to me, this year, as to how shut out this film has become. The others were all embraced, so it's weird that this one is pretty much being entirely ignored.

      Delete