Monday, December 15, 2014

Time to start weeding through those song and score predictions...


The Original Score and Original Song categories are always a mess at the Oscars, and this year the eligibility lists have just dropped and made things a little more of a mess (like, Birdman is NOT eligible, despite the fact that it has been sweeping through critics/precursors with noms and wins left and right?) and so indulge in the links below and start weeding through your personal predictions to make sure you aren't predicting something Oscar has deemed unworthy!

8 comments:

  1. Birdman nor Whiplash gets nominated for Best Score.... FACKING BULLSHIT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy, especially since they've been so lauded, but apparently they were mostly improv or whatever and so it's been suspect for a while whether or not they'd be eligible.

      Delete
  2. I will review this when it is not so late and I have more time (time??? Now???:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Birdman sucks. I kind of love that Ethan Hawke is eligible in Best Original Song. Just glad "Lost Stars" and "Everything is Awesome" are there. Really like "Sister Rust" from Lucy and "So Now What" from Wish I Was Here as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year is a bounty of songs and scores...really. Like, fine tuning a top five in either category for me is going to suck!

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I have so many snubs in these categories!

      Delete
    3. Same here, and I fear there are more to come once I see more movies!

      Delete