Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fisti Awards updates and news...


Well, the 1998 Fisti Awards are finished and posted here on the 90's Fisti Awards Page.  All the techs are up, with a few films making multiple showings.  There were some really beautiful films, from so many different eras and so spreading the wealth was fun, with only one repeat winner in the entirety of the techs.

So speak your mind and let me know what you think of these wins and nominees!

And I have some other Fisti Awards news.  So, I've been unhappy with my Awards Pages for some time.  I just feel like they are so cluttered, but when I started this blog I didn't really know how to work the site and so I created these pages unaware of how full they would feel once I started wrapping up the years.  So, I've decided to delete the pages and republish all of the awards as individual posts that will be linked on a singular page, that way you can just click on the year and see my awards for it.  I think it'll make reading them so much easier and will streamline the comments and the focus as well.

So, 1998 will be the last awards posted for a while while we wade through Oscar season and then, once the madness as settled, we'll start reposting (with some commentary on how I feel about these awards already doled) the already published awards as well as any that have become finalized in the time between (1982 and 1961 are really close).

Until then...

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a plan :) I'm looking forward to the re-posts as I think there's a few I haven't actually read yet!
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think this will open focused discussion on specific years, so I'm looking forward to that. I posted the bulk of the 2000's before I had many readers, so I'm interested to see what y'all think.

      Delete
  2. Lindsay Lohan is an interesting choice for 98. It was a good child performance, it's a shame to see how she turned out. I look forward to your fancy new awards pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an inspired child performance, full of life, charisma AND technique!

      Delete
  3. Glad to see the 98 awards up. I'll check it out shortly. Good luck taking on such a gargantuan task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued to see what you think...

      Delete
  4. This will be an endeavor! Good then we can see all of them:) now I am off to the other part to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to comment on the re-posts! :)

    LOL, our Costume lineups are the same, including the winner!

    LOVE that Great Expectations gets those nods.

    Doh! How did I miss Blade in makeup? That's easily replacing my nod for Elizabeth.

    Surprised and delighted to see Following so high in Score. I couldn't fit it there, but it's an overlooked gem.

    Iris and Uninvited just missed my Song lineup. No love for He Got Game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denzel was very close to a nod, but overall I didn't love the film, just him.

      I'm excited about reposting...I posted so many before I had real followers, so it'll be nice to get all their input.

      Delete