Thursday, October 2, 2014

Trailer Break: The Water Diviner


In case you don't know yet, Harvey Weinstein picked this up for US release next year, so be prepared for the year of the Cromeback!  I need this in my life....SO BAD!  This is Russell's directorial debut, and if you're unfamiliar with the story here, just know that it is extremely baity.  A father, in search of his sons lost during the Battle of Gallipoli, sets off on an incredible journey.  This looks glossy, emotional and visually spellbinding.  I'm bias, I know, but I can't wait for this.

10 comments:

  1. This looks brilliant! I must show this to my hubby who loves Russell Crowe. Wait til I tell him Russell also directed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Crowe was my first film obsession, so I'll stand by him forever.

      Delete
  2. Uh... this looks alright. Crowe is still a twat. I can kick his ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl, watch it. You're getting into dangerous waters, coming here dissing God incarnate.

      Delete
    2. David Bowie is God. Not Russell Crowe.

      Delete
  3. I hope it's great, but it looks too pretty for me. The crisp visuals are actually a bit distracting. Maybe I'll feel differently when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of love the visual look of the film. It feels epic, which is what I expected from this. I kind of hated the opening scene shown, but it makes sense as a set up for the story, and the story itself just feels so baity and so rich with potential.

      I have a feeling that this is going to play really well on a big screen!

      Delete
  4. I like the trailer, though it's a bit long! The year of the Cromeback ha..ha.. but he never really left did he? I like Crowe so I hope his directorial debut pans out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he never left...but he has taken a beating from critics and has fallen out of Oscar's good graces, so that is really what I meant. Between this and a BAITY role in Fathers and Daughters, this could be the year he is welcomed back to Awards Season.

      Delete