Thursday, October 2, 2014

Trailer Break: Black Sea


I know what I'm doing this January!  This looks incredible.  Law is rebounding rather well from his disappearing act towards the end of the last decade.  His recent output has been really inspired and varied.  I can't wait to see him pull this one off.  The atmosphere here looks remarkably well captured, and while the overall plot feels a tad 'done', it could really survive with the right direction and attention to performances.  It has a very 'Captain Phillips' tone, which is nice.  I'm really intrigued.  I'm also really surprised that this is getting dumped into a January time slot, which I guess should lessen my expectations, since that is usually a bad sign, but this trailer is cut to perfection and has me gasping for air, literally.

I'm sold; AIS!

4 comments:

  1. This looks excellent. Remember Silence of the Lambs came out in Feb and rocked the Oscar world and it did great business. This won't capture the average gal which is sad but true. I felt claustrophobic just watching this trailer. I think one of the scariest places is inside a sub...unless it is Operation Petticoat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this'll be a Silence of the Lambs type contender, at least with regards to Oscar, but it looks like a top rate thriller with a very worthy cast, so I'm just praying it's a good time at the movies!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, this looks better than The Water Diviner, which I want to be SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This does look really good, but part of me is a tad afraid that this could be one of those instances where the trailer is better than the film. I mean...why is this coming out in JANUARY?!?!?!

      Delete