Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A month of activity here at A Fistful of Films!


Well, autumn has begun (officially, right, or am I early?) and this is quite frankly the beginning of the best time of the year, award's season.  It's not merely the fact that the best films of the year are about to be released or the frantic explosion of Oscar anticipation is about to overcome all of us, but autumn/winter is just my favorite time of year, period.  Give me a sweater and an overpriced coffee and a stroll through the city with my wife and kids in tow and the stars above my head and I'm set.

September is going to be a really busy month for me, but sadly it may be really quite (at least in parts) here on the blog.  I am finally taking my clan to Disney World, and we embark here in just nine days, so come next Thursday, it's going to be SILENT on this blog for almost two weeks.  Vacationing is always so bittersweet for me.  I literally cut off the outside world (although, I have Twitter now, so be on the lookout for updates on my meet and greets with the princesses) and so I can't really talk to you guys about anything.

BUT, I do have some cool stuff planned for the blog this month, especially the end of the month.  Before I leave (hopefully), I have two special Top Tens planned, a Fisti Awards ceremony (1997, baby), another one nearly wrapped up (but that may have to wait until I return), an early Blind Spot review (coming later this week) and I do plan on ripping Transcendence a new one sometime this week.

Wish me luck.

When I get back, two very special things are happening.  First, we have the Recast-athon happening!  If you haven't heard of it, take a gander here.  PLEASE play along.  This is a very important subject, one that I feel needs to be discussed.  Also, Twice a Best Actress is happening!  We have a really awesome panel with three returning bloggers (myself included) and three newbies!  It looks to be a really promising discussion to carry us through the beginning of Oscar season.  I'm so thankful to my fellow bloggers for being so willing to play along.

And guess what...they BOTH happen on September, 26th!!!

So, there is the rundown for the month of September.  I'm so happy to spend it with my blogging community, and I hope you all can follow along and participate, especially in the Recast-athon!

16 comments:

  1. TWO WEEKS!?!?!?! Kidding, I hope you and your fam have fun at Disney World!

    I'm excited for awards season too. Bring on those Oscar movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it's a LONG time, but when we vacation, we do it right!

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to Twice a Best Actress! Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joel! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the series!

      Delete
  3. Have fun in Disney World Drew!! Oh you'll have a blast esp w/ the kiddies!

    I'm hoping to still participate on your Recast-athon but it might have to be after my NYC trip in mid Sept :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've had this planned for over a year, so we're all real anxious to get there!

      You better get me a post for the Recast-athon! Hehe...I'm eagerly awaiting it ;-)

      Have fun in NYC. September is the perfect time of year to go.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy Disney World and please, ride Space Mountain. Oldest ride, longest line!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news is that I already found the movies for the first 5 weeks of the Actress thing, now all I need to do is actually sit down and watch them which I'm hoping to do at least for the two first ones this weekend.

    You've gotta at the very least find the time to publish your thoughts on those leaked pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm good on the first two weeks, but I need to snatch up Places of the Heart (or whatever that second Field win was) soon. I was hoping TCM would play a few of these, but as of now none are on the schedule.

      Oh, and I have many thoughts on those pictures. I'll try and find the time.

      Delete
  6. Quick question so I can prep for the Twice a Best Actress properly, are you splitting Kate Hepburn's four wins into two separate weeks with Morning Glory and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? one week and Lion in Winter and Golden Pond another? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! We'll open with her first two wins and close with her last two.

      Delete
  7. Have a great vacation man! Looking forward to participating in Twice a Best Actress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super happy to have you on board!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It was awesome, but I'm relieved to be home! Time to get back to blogging!

      Delete