Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The 1987 Fisti Awards!

How many kisses do I give Oscar's Best Picture?

Well, the 1987 Fisti Awards are here!  Are you excited?  I hope you are.  Click the link and check them out and let me know what you think!!!  There is so much greatness happening this year, one of the best of the 80's.  From war to childhood to fairytales to horror, 1987 is a bounty of greatness, and I hope that my personal awards reflect it well.  

An interesting tidbit, this is the only time in the history of the Fisti Awards (so far, obviously) where I nominate every actor off of one of Oscar's ballots.  Yup, all five of Oscar's Leading Ladies are here (one of them was put in Supporting, where she belongs) and I'm not ashamed of it at all.  This may be Oscar's greatest Leading Actress ballot to date!  

So give it a gander and let me know your thoughts!  1997 and 1971 are in the works, so be looking for those to come shortly.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see such little love for The Last Emperor. Does that sound mean? I really disliked that movie. However, I love Holly Hunter in Broadcast News so kudos for that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it was a beautiful looking film for sure, and it had an interesting story to tell...but it told it so clinically that it all felt...uninteresting.

      Delete
  2. I love that you included Vincent D'Onofrino, Christian Bale, and Holly Hunter! And those Space Balls nominations are awesome too. Sure that movie was ridiculous, the hair costumes and make up were pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! So glad you're a D'Onofrio fan! He doesn't get the respect he deserves for that stunning performance.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, LOVE your Best Picture lineup, but I haven't seen Maurice yet. Ugh. Just once I wish I'd seen all of the Fisti nominees ahead of time!

    We have a lot in common this year. :) I wish I'd seen Less Than Zero before I posted my ballot! I ran out of time, but I suspect RDJ will at least be a nominee if not my winner (replacing Ermey) once I see it.

    Love those Spaceballs nods as well. Ha, I just couldn't go there. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maurice was the last film I saw from the year, but you know how I am about those Merchant Ivory productions! I eat those up, and this was no exception.

      Less Than Zero is kind of awful, at least for me, a lover of the book, but Downey Jr. gives his best performance, period. It's an astonishing turn.

      LOL, I love how everyone kind of loves my tacky Spaceballs inclusion ;-)

      Delete