Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Fistful of Links...


A great post comes in all shapes and sizes.  Here are some of my favorites, for various reasons...

JDBRecords delivers some July 1st tunes!

Keith & The Movies runs down his top five films of the year so far.  What do you think?  I've only seen two of his top five, but I really liked both of them.

And So It Begins delivers a great Top Fifteen...the most unreliable narrators in cinema.  I just love his blog!

My Filmviews wants to know if you've ever had a hard time reviewing another movie.  I know I have.  Sometimes a film is just...unreviewable, right?

Flixchatter shares with us her favorite scores by John Powell.  I love it when the spotlight is shed on a name we may not be familiar with, but should be!

Fandango Groovers discusses the BBFC rating for Black Swan, the complaints from parents and the similarities to the vastly superior (in my eyes) The Red Shoes.

Rambling Film hate watches True Blood and runs down her feelings on the first season of Fargo!

The Matinee celebrates Canada Day with the best films Canada has to offer.  Three times the Sarah Polley!!!

Cinematic Corner breaks down the visual parallels of Sleeping Beauty and Melancholia.  Brilliant post, for sure.

There are so many reviews floating around the blogosphere every week.  Here are some of my favorites:

Film Actually reviews the 1963 classic, Cleopatra.  Yeah, I said classic.  No, I didn't mean it.  But really, it's rather beautiful and Burton and Harrison give tremendous performances!  

The Soul of the Plot reviews High Noon!  Yup, the same High Noon we've been talking about here on the bloggers roundtable.

Two Dollar Cinema just posted his endless post for Endless Love.  I think I'm in love.

Girl Meets Cinema takes on the underrated gem of 2013, Saving Mr. Banks!

Surrender to the Void reviews...UNDERCOVER BROTHER!  O.M.G.  It's been years since I've seen this shameless guilty pleasure.

Flick Chicks are rounding up the month of June by posting a trivia page for all the films they've reviewed this month.  I love this idea!  I can't wait to keep up with these posts!

There are so many blogathons and bloggers relays and blogging roundtables blogging polls taking place right now, but here are a few to keep track of!

The Cinematic Spectacle just passed the baton to me over at the Ten Biggest Stars of Classical Hollywood Relay Race.  I can't wait to tackle this.  I already know who I'm adding (and I'm sure he does too).

Dell On Movies has just started the Against the Crowd Blogathon.  This is going to be a lot of fun.  Time to rip Forrest Gump a new one!!!

The Film Experience has made Hit Me With Your Best Shot a permanent part of the blog, and I love this idea (although sadly I don't get to participate in so many of them), so I'm linking his upcoming lineup to hopefully light my own fire, and yours as well.

French Toast Sunday is inviting all to participate in Spielberg in July!

Tit for Tat continues his rundown of the MTV VMAs for Best Female Video with 2012!  Um, Rihanna and Rihanna and more Rihanna please.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning us Fisti :) It's great to know there's someone out there who loves trivia as much as we do!
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome guys! I love it when a blog has a signature post, and your monthly trivia roundup is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the link! Gotta let that True Blood hate flow through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I need to get into hate watching...but I guess I kind of do with Teen Mom and those 16 and Pregnant shows. I can't help but be glued to them, but they piss me off so much.

      Delete
  3. Ah, you already know who you're adding to my Classical Movie Stars relay? This should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...NO QUESTION!

      And I'm sorry I forgot to link YOU in this post. For some reason my bloggers sidebar wouldn't add your blog the other day (technical errors) and so when I went to compile this list I didn't have you and I was going to pull your blog up via Josh's and I got in a hurry and forgot.

      :-(

      Delete
  4. Awesome links here, thank you for including my post! :)

    Woah you read a lot of blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have like 70 on my blog roll. I try and browse all of them throughout the week. I feel bad because, as you know, I don't always get to comment as much as I want to, but I also know what it is like to want more readers, and so I try and highlight a lot of my favorite blogs to help them get more support!

      Delete
    2. I actually cut down lately to I think 30-40, some people didn't even visit back once so why bother. It still gets me several mornings to actually read those but at least it's time well spent :)

      Delete
    3. I agree. I have them all on my roll, but I don't visit all of them as frequently as the key sites who have proven themselves friends!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the link Drew, especially being in such great company. Have a great Fourth, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undercover Brother is very underrated. It is actually much smarter than it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post really made me want to watch it again!

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking maybe tonight.

      Delete
  7. Ah, hate watching. I probably should stop doing that...but, I don't think I'll be able to.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Britt so wonderfully pointed out, sometimes we just have to hate watch!

      Delete
  8. Thanks again for the link! Yeah, I had a good idea who you'd pick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, you're totally welcome!

      Delete