Thursday, July 17, 2014

6 Degrees of Separation Blogathon


Nostra, over at My Filmviews, has yet another exciting blogathon for his fellow bloggers to engage in!  This time, he tackling the concept of '6 Degrees of Separation'.  Basically, the theory is that you can link anyone to any person in the world using six steps.  

Didn't this all start with Kevin Bacon?

Anyways, Nostra has pre-assigned six bloggers the task of connecting two movie related items (actors/directors/films) and then they will take the endgoal and use that as the start of another pairing, passing the baton to another blogger.  

This is such a cool idea, and I'm really honored to have been selected for this.  It doesn't hurt that Nostra assigned me a really cool pairing (so different) and my starting point happens to be one of my favorite things about film, period!

So let's get this started.



Yup, I was tasked with pairing Charlie Chaplin with Jason Statham!

STEP ONE

Charlie Chaplin's final film role was in the 1967 film A Countess from Hong Kong, which also starred Marlon Brando.

STEP TWO

Marlon Brando played Vito Corleone in 1972's The Godfather.

STEP THREE

Vito Corleone was also portrayed by Robert De Niro in 1974's The Godfather Part II.

STEP FOUR

Robert De Niro starred alongside Charlize Theron in 2002's Men of Honor.

STEP FIVE

Charlize Theron is set to star in 2014's Mad Max: Fury Road, which will contain Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's second acting role.

STEP SIX

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is currently dating Jason Statham!

So there you have it!  Who would have know that with a few simple steps you'd be able to link up one of the most iconic faces of the Silent Era with that guy in all those action movies nobody cares about?  So now comes the fun part...selecting a fellow blogger to grab the baton and run with it.  I'm going with my girl Sati over at Cinematic Corner.  And...here is your assignment:

Start with Jason Statham (obviously) and link him to...Michael Hanake!

20 comments:

  1. That is an excellent six degree. Yet, here is how I would've done it. Charlie Chaplin directed and worked with Marlon Brando in A Countess from Hong Kong who worked with Robert de Niro in The Score who worked with Charlize Theron in Men of Honor who did a movie with Jason Statham in The Italian Job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought of connecting Theron and Statham through The Italian Job, but I wanted to use all 6 steps...so I added one ;-)

      Delete
  2. Very well done. My head's spinning trying to figure out how I would've done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it comes your way so you can try it out. This was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, what an amazing Blogathon idea! I now have that Kevin Bacon advert stuck in my head, thanks for that! :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that Kevin Bacon thing has been around for so long that, for years, I honestly thought the whole phrase 'six degrees of separation' actually began BECAUSE of him...

      ...

      Delete
  4. Nice work in connecting these two Fisti! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to check out what everyone else did.

      Delete
  5. Oooh Jason's hot! :) I'm gonna have it up on Monday I already did it in my head but I'm trying to come up with more difficult path :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried to come up with a path that used all six steps, just to make it more complicated and connect more people :-D

      Delete
  6. Very nice Drew! I had no idea Rosie is dating Jason Statham. Ahah, curious to see the connection between him & Michael Hanake, but surely Sati will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, this is so cool! Awesome job, Fisti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to see that Two Dollar Cinema passed the baton to you! Can't wait to see what you do with Temple and...Shore!

      Delete
  8. Haha, awesome job! Love that you used all 6 steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done it with less, but I just wanted to utilize all six. It's crazy how you can connect anybody with a few simple connections.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Glad to hear! Hope you get to tackle this as well.

      Delete