Monday, July 21, 2014

2013 Fisti Awards are COMPLETE!

Hugs of comfort all around when Ejiofor and Nyong'o realized they were 12 Years a Slave's only nominations...
Well, I've been posting here as I get my ballots up, but I decided to just buckle and post all of the techs today.  They are all up and ready for your eyes!  I'm so excited to hear your thoughts on all the categories.  I know that it's late in the year, but I finally got around to seeing everything I plan on seeing from the year, at least for now.  So hop on over, give it a gander, and comment away!

Fisti Awards for 1987, 1971 and 1997 are currently in the works, so be on the lookout for those as well.

6 comments:

  1. I love your picks for Cinematography! Even if I hated Spring Breakers, it was beautiful to look it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Spring Breakers more than you. Those visuals though were astonishing. It is the one film from last year that I actually think about, visually, every day.

      Delete
  2. Yay! We both give Laurence Anyways Best Costume Design, which means that Dolan actually wins 2 Fistis!

    Oh, Ain't Them Bodies Saints! Wish I could've found room for it somewhere. Fun fact: I nominate cinematographer Bradford Young for Mother of George instead.

    Thrilled to see those tech wins for Gravity, which match mine. Really glad you turned me on to Upside Down, which deserved more attention for its brilliant VFX.

    Your song lineup is wonderful! There were several contenders I liked from last year.

    Bring on more Fistis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! And I foresee Dolan eventually snagging a Directing Fisti as well ;-)

      I love Ain't Them Bodies Saints. Such a beautiful film. I wish that I had seen Mother of George before finalizing these, but the library was out of it and I didn't want to wait.

      Upside Down wasn't a great movie, but it was a technical marvel. I'm sad I had to knock it out of my Art Direction ballot as well. Those offices, restaurants, night clubs...all stunning to look at.

      Thanks man, I loved the music from last year too!

      More will be coming soon.

      Delete
  3. Damn, no room for 12 Years A Slave in Cinematography? I bite my thumb at thee, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year was such a bounty in that particular category. I thought that 12 Years a Slave was very pretty to look at, but there were 12 other films I found even better shot.

      Delete