Thursday, June 12, 2014

Trailer Break: The Boxtrolls


So, we finally know what this movie is about!  I have to say, the first trailer released for this film is still the most beautiful thing I've seen all year long, and I kind of wish that this trailer captured some of the beauty, grace and serenity of the previous trailer, but this still looks so charming and visually fantastic, and it looks pretty funny to boot, so I'm all in for this.  One of my most anticipated of the year, for sure, and something my kids are going to go 'ga-ga' over.  I got a 'Pirates: Band of Misfits' vibe from the tone here, so I'm excited (loved that movie).

But really...I could watch this instrumental teaser trailer on loop for hours and hours and hours...


6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before Drew, and I haven't seen that 'Pirates' one either but yeah the style is similar. Not entirely sold on it yet but I generally dig animated features :D

    – ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just something so magical about the first trailer that I can't shake, so I'm really all in for this one, hoping that it taps into that magic even more.

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to this one. The animation looks gorgeous, and the trailers have me intrigued. I was kinda 'meh' on Pirates: Band of Misfits though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm seriously looking forward to this ever since that first teaser trailer came out! Its looks awesome :) I was only away from the blogosphere for two weeks and it feels like I missed so much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...I go away for a weekend and I feel like it takes weeks to get back in the loop!

      Delete