Thursday, June 12, 2014

Trailer Break: Birdman


My jaw is still on the floor.  Seriously.  I've watched this about ten times already and I'll watch it a few dozen more before the day is through.  This looks nothing like I expected it to, and everything like I hoped and dreamed any movie this year would look like.  This has, in under two minutes, become my most anticipated movie of the year; end of discussion.  The cinematography, the visual effects (who saw that coming?), the comedic undertones, the dramatic weight...it was all so perfectly balanced in this brilliant teaser trailer.  Could this be the movie of the year we never saw coming?

Oh, and the poster is also all sorts of YES!


8 comments:

  1. I love it! I've no idea how well everything will click in the film, but I'm anxiously awaiting this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't wait for this one. I can't stop watching this trailer.

      Delete
  2. I totally want to see this as I am a fan of Inarritu's work though I had issues with his last film Biutiful despite Javier Bardem's performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Biutiful yet! I really like his other films though, even if I don't love them. This though, looks like a marvelous change of pace for him.

      Delete
  3. Looks terrific. The director is hit or miss for me but at least the cinematography (and Emma Stone ;)) will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My body is so ready for Emma Stone to have a fantastic year!

      Delete
  4. I've only seen one of Inarritu's work which was Babel. Curious to see this one and nice to see Michael Keaton in the lead, too!

    – ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks completely different than anything he's ever done, in a really good way!

      Delete