Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Fistful of Links!


I know, I know...it's not Friday, but fuck it!  I've been so busy with other things (Fisti Awards, Blogging Roundtables, Angelina Jolie) not to mention life and the job I'm supposed to actually do that I've missed a few Fridays and found myself feeling out of touch with my fellow bloggers.  I miss you guys!!!  I don't know about you, but I have to actively tell myself to get out of my own little world and explore my fellow bloggers sites more.  

So here's a kick in the ass!

12 Reads You NEED to Read

And So it Begins puts together another kick ass Top Ten, this time discussing the unsung female voices in Steven Soderbergh films.

Girl Meets Cinema swoons all over the fan art for the recent The Fault in Our Stars (I still need to see that!)

The Focused Filmographer gives us a rundown of the latest trailers to whet our appetites for the movies!

Public Transportation Snob reviews one of my favorite movies of all time (currently my #3), Godard's Pierrot le Fou!

Keith and the Movies is having a little fun with film images...

The Cinematic Spectacle has a new look for the CinSpec Awards, and it's beautiful!

Flights, Tights & Movie Nights reviews 1996's The Phantom!

Flixchatter has yet another five questions to chew over for the month!

Rambling Film reviews one of the best films you've never heard of, King of Devil's Island!

Cinematic Corner gives us the rundown on Neighbors (fuck, I need to see this one too!)

Film Actually contemplates the musicals we have awaiting us this year...

Two Dollar Cinema allowed me to force him to watch a film he really didn't need to watch, Mystic River...sorry bro :-(

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I wish they wouldn't have taken King of Devils Island off of Netflix Instant, more people would've seen it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a shame, but great reviews like yours should bring more awareness to the film too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link! Hope you'll see the film soon, it's hysterical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping I see it soon, but most likely it won't be till DVD before I get a chance.

      Delete
  3. So much great stuff here! Thanks so much for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link! A lot of awesome links here. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are! I love seeing what my fellow bloggers are up to.

      Delete
  5. Thank you darling Drew! You are most generous my friend. – ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Ruth! Right back at you.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Katy, awesome links here, Fisti! I really loved Dan's Pierrot le Fou review, with you both suggesting it I feel like I should see it soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You must see it! Such an inspired, original and beautiful movie!

      Delete
  7. I swear I posted here already (I think my phone is haunted), but I just wanted to say thanks for the link. I've actually visited most of these links, and saw some pretty cool shit, er, stuff. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have children...when you have kids you think that you did a lot of things you forget that you haven't yet ;-)

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the link man! Putting together the images is so much fun, but it's gonna take me forever to update them. I have over 1,300 images to make! It's a nice challenge though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know what you mean. It always takes me a week at least to get my images done...for ONE year! You're in for a lot of work, but it'll be worth it!

      Delete