Friday, May 2, 2014

A Fistful of Links...


Posts That Made Me:

SMILE
Keith & the Movies has been spending the whole week fawning over Casablanca, but here in particular he asks for YOUR voice to be heard.  Let him know what you think of this classic.

Movies and Songs is sharing his current crop of musical interludes, and they are very diverse and worth a gander.

Speaking of music, jdbrecords always has an eclectic and interesting set list prepared for us each Tuesday!

THINK
Which performances slated for 2014 are you most excited over?  Film Actually gives us the twenty he can’t wait to see.

Why you so obsessed with me?  Flixchatter wants to know who you’re obsessed with now.

You ever watch a bad movie that you loved despite it being considered truly awful?  You need to check out Lime Reviews podcast from this week!

DEBATE
Cannes is happening very soon, and Surrender the Void is getting prepared by holding his own Palme d’Or Marathon!  Have you seen all these winners?  Did they deserve the award?

As we ‘re all mourning the loss of the great Bob Hoskins, And So It Begins is breaking down his favorite ‘essential’ performances from the legend.  Which performance is your favorite?

French Toast Sunday puts down her Top Ten performances in a Darren Aronofsky film.  Do you agree?

QUESTION
Two Dollar Cinema finally saw that trainwreck known as The Paperboy causing me to question why I ever defended this…

I just posted my May Oscar Predictions yesterday, and I’m already questioning them thanks to TheAwards Nazi’s current predictions.

The CinematicSpectacle updates his Top 100 Films of All Time, causing me to question whether or not I should finally put one together…

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Nice to put a smile on your face, I'm not quite sure why, maybe it was Dolly :) I don't know that music blog jdbrecords, I'll' take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! Poor Bob Hoskins, man. Loved that guy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link-love. I'm definitely getting ready for the marathon but first, I have some Auteurs-related business to take care of as well as my next Blind Spot assignment just before the festival begins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again man! YES! Do a list! You can always update it later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated THANKS for including me, Drew. Hmmm, never been interested in The Paperboy so I guess I'll continue to stay far away from it :)

    ReplyDelete