Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Today is a sad day...a very sad day.


I hate waking up to tragic news like this, but Bob Hoskins has passed away from pneumonia.  Back in 2012, Bob retired from acting after being diagnosed with Parkinson's.  I've been a fan of this man for years.  He was genuinely one of the finest actors of his (or any) generation, and this loss is heartbreaking.  I'm so sick and tired of this shit.  Gandolfini, Hoffman and now Hoskins!  We are losing some of the best actors to grace the big screen (and small) and it's starting to get to me.  My day is going to suck.  My heart goes out to his family and friends.  We lost a true legend, and they lost a beloved man.

4 comments:

  1. This is a guy I grew up with. I'm bummed now. He is one of those guys that didn't have the look of a movie star yet has all of the charisma and grittiness to be one of the greatest actors ever. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, more terrible news. :( I really need to watch more of his films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't yet, you need to see The Long Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete