Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Drink a pint in remembrance of a true Legend...

The man, the legend...Alec Guinness!
He may have left us nearly fourteen years ago, but his legacy will remain forever and there are many reasons as to why.  Today he would have turned 100!  So, why do you love Alec Guinness?  For me, the reasons are clear.

For me, Guinness will remain one of the greatest of all time because he delivered us:


Gimmick!
Comedy!
Dramatics!
&
Infamy!
...with a thousand variants in-between, and all with the utmost class and excellence!  There are few stars who have shone as brightly.  So, in honor of Mr. Guinness, I think I'll have myself one and snuggle into my couch tonight for a marathon of greatness.  Thank you TCM!

6 comments:

  1. "So, why do you love Alec Guinness?"

    First thing that literally came to mind: Obi Wan Kenobi, bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will always be Obi-Wan. And I shall drink to that although I don't drink alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's for days like this that non-alcoholic beers were invented, right?

      Delete
  3. That unmistakable voice... a great actor, a legend. My favourite films are probably the Ealing comedies - The Ladykillers and Kind Hearts and Coronets...

    Dan (Top10Films.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete