Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Fistful of Thoughts...about Disney, hotties and perverts!

So, a lot of shit is happening this week and is continuing to happen and, while I was planning on holding off until next week for another one of these posts, there is just too much going on and I really wanted to talk about all of this now!

I'm sure there will be much more to discuss next week as well.

This edition of A Fistful of Thoughts is giving us everything from beloved fables being beaten to death, a group of hotties either getting due recognition, getting casting calls or lowering their standards and then, right smack dab in the middle, we get to talk about one of the most salacious and controversial scandals to float Hollywood since that open letter penned to Woody Allen.

So let's shoot some shit.


First, have you heard that Bill Condon is in talks to direct a live action version of Beauty and the Beast for Disney?  I know that this has been done and done and done again and that there is already that gorgeous looking live action film coming this year with Lea Seydoux, but I can't help but be a tad excited about this.  I mean, Condon isn't the most reliable director, but the fact that he is directing it has me thinking that this is probably going to be a musical (it's also from Disney, so if they recycle the music from the 1991 animated masterpiece, it will glisten with beautiful songs) and that has me really excited.  Oh, the possibilities.  Yes, it could possibly suck a lot of ass too, and a lot of this is going to come down to how CGI infested it becomes, because if it looks like Tim Burton barfed it out then it's most likely going to suck, but I figure that if I'm going to have to see this anyways (considering that I have two little girls who LOVE this story) I might as well be excited about it.

Right?


Next, Lupita Nyong'o is the most beautiful woman in the world, according to People Magazine.  These things are always subjective, and so they'll never be accurate, but I have to say that I was personally spellbound by her beauty all award's season, so I'm totally advocating this decision!  She is BEAUTIFUL, like absolutely stunning and in my humble opinion one of the most beautiful woman alive.

Now, I'm tossing this particular story in the middle because it's like WAY heavier than the rest of this gossip and I don't want it to be that closing note that leaves a sour taste...but has anyone been following the allegations made against Bryan Singer?  This story has been evolving for the better part of a week, and it has become a serious hotbed of debate over the legality of it all, the ethics, the perversion, the facts...just a serious hotbed and a real slippery slope.

Is it even OK to have an opinion about this, or to voice it without that said opinion being construed?

I personally don't know what happened and so forming an opinion is kind of pointless, but I will say that the witch hunt this has become without anyone really knowing all of the facts is reminding me of the Woody Allen controversy a few months back.  Seriously people, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?  I find it odd that people are so quick to believe everything they hear and to start flame-throwing.  Yes, Singer has a notorious and quite morally questionable reputation, but the term rapist and sexual harassment are being tossed around so loosely at the moment.  If he drugged these kids (not kids, seventeen year old boys who were legal in the state they were 'partying' in) and then forcibly assaulted them, then he's gross...but if they went to these parties with the intent of using his attraction to them as an advantage to get roles that never transpired, they can't now turn around and claim rape because they wish they hadn't gone down on him.

It's such a mess.

And that is why we'll move on!

I understand that being famous can get you laid by people that under normal circumstances would walk the other way, but how the FUCK did Richard Gere swing bagging Padma Lakshmi?  I mean, how is this even possible?  Gere is 64 and looks like my grandmother, and Padma Laksmi is 43 and looks younger and hotter than most Victoria's Secret models.  This is just fucking gross.  This is even more repulsive then when Scarlett Johansson had eye surgery and wound up fucking Sean Penn for a minute and a half (no, she didn't have eye surgery, but how else can you explain that attraction).  


I just can't with this.

And lastly, the whitest bi-racial cast in the history of bi-racial casts has received yet another white actor, and this time she's not only white, but she's blond.  Yup, Amanda Seyfried has joined the cast of Joseph Wright's Peter Pan.  Sure, the small, insignificant, non-speaking roles have all seemed to go to actors with names no one can pronounce, but all the significant roles have gone to VERY white people, and this is after Wright claimed to be aiming at a very diverse and culturally mixed cast.  I don't think anyone would really care much about the transparency of this cast if it weren't for those initial statements.  Still, I'm so fucking excited about this movie because of Wright himself, so BRING IT ON!

10 comments:

  1. I didn't read much about Singer controversy, except that there is apparently documentary about it getting made, so I don't know much about but yeah the mentality of jumping in to conclusions is so wrong.

    Allen controversy kinda died already but when it blew up people were voicing death threats on social media. Freaking sheep. The scariest part was that the only thing most of those people saw in Allen's case was just one letter written by Farrow. And they didn't even stop to think twice, "hey, perhaps we should read other side's story before we tweet about wanting Allen dead?"

    Also people use the word 'rape' way too freely. There was a rape scene on GoT last ep - that wasn't a rape scene in the book - and people all over tumblr wrote that the writers 'raped' characters. So wrong and distasteful. The speed of passing judgment in today's society is alarming.

    Sean Penn's ability to lure in all these attractive women remains a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what people in front of a computer screen forget is that accusations like rape are fucking SERIOUS! You can't just throw that around and expect it to go away when they're proven false. They last, for a VERY long time.

      Delete
  2. OH... I wanna forget that Scarlett was with Sean Penn. He's ugly. His daughter is hot though.

    Richard Gere still looks attractive for an old dude.

    Lupita Nyong'o... most beautiful person.... YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more with the decision to put Lupita on the cover and hand her the title. Sure, I prefer a few other actresses (like Seydoux, Johansson, Cotillard) but Nyong'o is definitely in their league and is so regal and just striking to look at. She literally takes your breath away.

      Delete
  3. First, put me in the camp of 'could give a fuck' about any live action Disney retelling. I really, really love Tim Burton, but Alice in Wonderland infuriated me. Worse? It has apparently opened the floodgates....

    Singer. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I've got nothing on that one.

    But, ol' Dicky Gere? That guy's the man. Sean Penn looks like he should loving under a very expensive bridge somewhere...but Gere? That mofo's still holding it down. Still can't believe Diane Lane cheated on him...that sexy bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Alice in 'Underland' was a fucking travesty.

      And I guess I'm the only one who thinks Gere looks like an elderly woman...

      Diane Lane though...good god that woman is beautiful. Josh Brolin is a fucking tool forever for fucking that up.

      Delete
    2. Shit I meant 'be living' instead of loving...

      Anyway, if that's the case, I hope I look like an elderly woman when I'm in my sixties.

      I know nothing about Josh Brolin and what he did to sweet Cherry Valance, but I gather it was something very, very stupid.

      Delete
    3. They were married for a spell (long spell) and reports about abuse (mental and physical) circled their doomed marriage for a long time. Apparently, he's a dick, and his recent drunk behavior would attest to that.

      Delete
  4. I'd be interested in Condon doing Beauty and the Beast, but I don't think it has much chance of succeeding. Still, your never know with musicals.

    Lupita is a great choice. She's hot off the Oscar win, and she's just stunning.

    I can't even bother with the Singer and Gere stuff, but bring on Pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need Pan...I NEED IT! I just wish that Lupita had been cast as Tiger Lily.

      Delete