Friday, April 25, 2014

A Fistful of Links...


Posts That Made Me...

SMILE
And So It Begins gives us a nice look at the career of the legendary Bill Murray.

Two Dollar Cinema reviews one of the best movies of 2008...In Bruges!

So, it was Shakespeare's birthday last week...and Fandango Groovers give him some love!

While it makes me jealous as fuck, it also makes me smile that Film Actually was at Tribeca for the Festival.  Here is his take on the films he saw.

The Matinee is at Hot Docs right now, and is constantly updating his blog with reviews of what he's seeing.  If you're into documentary films, check out his take on what you should see this year!

THINK
This isn't really from this week, but I'm new to Dell on Movies, and he's hosting a blogathon (that is due in like two days) that is so poetic I think I'll have to cram it in this afternoon!

Sometimes a great cast does not equal a great movie, and Flixchatter asks us to come up with examples of this sort of letdown.

My Filmviews is always good for a question to ponder, and the latest trend of movie 'previews' offers great fodder for consideration.

I love that some actors work so well together they form lasting cinematic relationships.  Focused Filmographer asks us to think (and vote) on our favorites.

The Movie Scrutineer offers some great food for thought on the current state of the horror genre.

DEBATE
I love that Film Lovers Paradise posted their 1995 Top Ten the very same day I posted my Fisti Awards!

So, And So It Begins is quickly becoming my favorite blog on the web (thus landing on this link-off TWICE) and his breakdown of the best director/actor collaborations is yet another reason as to why!

Defiant Success picks up the baton and sets off on a sprint with The Ten Most Iconic Movie Characters relay.

The 2003 Supporting Actress Oscar race has been largely debated, mostly due to that win, but who doesn't want to debate some more...and The Film Experience offers us up their take (and the take of many others) on the race!

I was going to link his poll, but as of today The Cinematic Spectacle's award have a name!  Here is the first official ballot for the CinSpec Awards!

QUESTION
I've already posted my predictions, but it feels about time for an update, and Tit for Tat just posted his take on the inevitable race.

I've been really debating whether or not to waste my money on Transcendence this weekend, but more and more ink like A Space Blogyssey's makes me question my desire more and more.

Gotta love Devil's Advocate, and while most everyone I talk to ADORES Inside Llewyn Davis, Rambling Film raises some doubt.  

I hate to say that I actively avoided Bollywood all these years, but it's true...but this post from Being Norma Jean has me wondering if I'm missing something special.

Lastly, I have NOT read this analysis from Cinematic Corner on the mindfuck known as Enemy, but I'm sure it's great food for thought, and the minute I actually get to see this movie (cannot wait) I'll be sure to weigh in on her thoughts as well!

16 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with what you said about Sati's post. I really want to dive into that...but I need to see that movie first (and asap).

    You totally got to jump in Dell's blogathon. I lost my mind on that one (like what you did when I hosted).

    Thanks for the link!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already decided that I'm not even going to attempt work today...so Dell's blogathon it is!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for linking me, even though we disagreed on that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, what's the fun in film debate if we all agree!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the link. Bollywood movies can be fun! If you want, I can give you a few pointers about where to start if you want to check some of them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally love some! Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Okay, start with Lagaan. It is as Bollywood as Bollywood gets. Plus it was Oscar-nominated.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I'll be sure to check that out. It'll throw me in to see if I like what I see :-D

      Delete
  4. Wow man, thanks so much for those nice words. I so appreciate your comments and support of my site. You're too kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously dude, you churn out some of the best posts. I love a blog that throws out random things to discuss and ponder, and you do that week after week!

      Delete
  5. Hey thanks for the link love Andrew! I really thought you included my Toby Stephens post as it made you think, 'who the heck is that guy? or 'where have I seen him in?' :P I'm head over heels in love with him right now, well as close to being in love for a married woman, ahah. Great stuff here, definitely lots of food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an exceptional week for blogging!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the link, I hope you'll see Enemy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again man! Ha, it might be the first 'official' one, but I had to go back and rename my other ballot posts for uniformity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the trouble with making things 'official'!

      Delete