Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Poster Break: Calvary


I had a dream the other night that Brendan Gleeson became the critics darling in this year's awards race, snatching Lead Actor wins left and right until he became this dark horse Oscar contender no one saw coming.  It was such a vivid dream.  I was excited, because I've been a fan for a long time and it's about damn time that he gets a meaty role that gets him to recognition he deserves.  The reviews for this have been favorable, so it could happen.  It's very high on my MUST SEE list for the year, and this is a performance that I am really looking forward to.  I know that it was only a dream, and predicting him for an Oscar nomination could be seen as wishful thinking, but it's only March and I'm allowed to wishfully think right now.

My official Oscar nominations will be coming on April 1st.  Yes, he's on them.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. I hope your dream comes true!

    ReplyDelete