Thursday, March 6, 2014

Now for some Variety: Alfonso Cuaron 3x's




Cuaron's post-Oscar interview is up on Variety's website, and it's worth the read.  It's also worth just staring at the pictures.  I love this man.  Not only is he extremely talented, but he's so humble and charming and good looking; the complete package!  I'm really aching to see what he does next.  You have no idea how happy I am that he didn't get Fincher'd.  I was so scared that David O. Russell was going to come out of nowhere and steal Alfonso's Oscar, but NO!  Honestly, my favorite Oscar win in the history of forever (exaggeration extremely slight) and I'm so stoked that I think I may just dedicate this blog to the awesomeness that is this particular Oscar win.

I think this calls for a new banner!

8 comments:

  1. Alfonso can definitely take on David O. Russell in a fight. Not to mention that Alfonso has his eses to back him up in Guillermo del Toro and Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Plus, he's got East L.A. to back him up as well. I hope he would do a smaller film next time or one of his rumored projects about Mexico '68.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuaron has earned my utmost respect and admiration. Anything with his name attached will garner my AIS...ASS.IN.SEAT!

      Delete
    2. That must be a prestigious list, he's one of those filmmakers that puts my ass in the seat as well along w/ Sofia Coppola, Lars von Trier, Wes Anderson, Terrence Malick, Darren Aronofsky, and P.T. Anderson.

      Delete
    3. Fincher, Cuaron, Coppola, Anderson (x's 2), Denis, Aronofsky, Dolan, von Trier, Audiard and Wright make up the list right now, which can only grow obviously.

      Delete
  2. Cuaron for all the awards!! Maybe it's my perception of Russell, but I just don't really want to see him winning awards. Though, I did rewatch I Heart Huckabees this week, and it's brilliant! I really like SLP and The Fighter, but I wish he'd make something less Oscar-baity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wants that Oscar bad. It's pretty obvious at this point, and his films are declining in quality because of it.

      I Heart Huckabees was indeed brilliant. I wish he could get there again.

      Delete
  3. "Not only is he extremely talented, but he's so humble and charming and good looking; the complete package!" Amen!! I want him to win everything as he's just so fun to watch as he gives his acceptance speech, always hilarious and charming. LOVE him! Viva la Cuarón! :D

    – ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. His speeches were the best of the season...so humble and sweet.

      Delete