Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mara may be flying to Neverland...


Ok, so we talked about this last year, when it was announced that Joe Wright was going to be filming a version of 'Peter Pan', but now casting news is breaking and it looks like Rooney Mara is thinking of joining Jackman and Hedlund on the film, and she's reportedly eyeing the role of Tiger Lily!  I like this idea, since she's one of those stars I'm really anxious to see soar, but I have to say that I was really hoping this would go to someone like Q'orianka Kilcher, especially since they aren't shooting for someone younger.  I mean, it's hard enough for various nationalities to find work, and someone like Kilcher, who was PERFECTION in 'The New World' would have been tailor made for this role.  Still, I'm excited enough because I think Mara would make an interesting choice and bring someone special to the role.

What are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what Tiger Lily is but it sounds cool :) I like Mara and Hedlund is hot so I may see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did when I was a kid so a looong time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting about this film, but it's currently my most anticipated of 2015. I've always loved the mythos of Peter Pan, and I can't wait to see what Wright does with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wright really is a perfect fit for this (the right one, dare I say) for he's such a visually commanding director who flirts with fantasy, even in the realm of something so literal (his work on Atonement in particular shows this strength) so I personally cannot wait to see what he does with this as well.

      Delete