Monday, February 3, 2014

Fuck you Monday, FUCK YOU!


I don't think I can do this.  I mean, I woke up this morning rearing to go, ready to face the day and attack this blog and have a great start to my week and I find out that I'm an entire day late to some of the worst news I could have received this morning.  Sometimes I'm glad that I don't watch the news or really involve myself in the media at all, especially on the weekends, but then there are times when I wish I could hear things at a normal hour and not at six in the morning, before I've had any coffee.  

FUCK YOU MONDAY!!!

Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the best.  I honestly hate using the word was in that sentence.  I'm fucking crying right now; I'm not lying.  UGH, I promised myself I'd never become one of those people, the people that attach themselves to famous faces and get too involved, too invested in their lives to the point where they actually mourn their deaths.  It's not healthy, is it?  A celebrity is a face we welcome into our homes on regular occasions though, and so knowing that you cannot do that ever again is one of the worst feelings in the world.  I'm fucking shaking right now.  

Why does this shit have to happen?

Apparently he died of a drug overdose.  We've talked about his drug use before, and honestly I can't even bring myself to want to talk about this right now.  I feel like I did when James Gandolfini had his heart attack.  This is just not right.  Hoffman was so young, so talented, so...FUCK!!!  

I already did my Top Ten for him last year, on his birthday, when he turned 46.  JESUS, he's only 46!  He had so much more to give us.  My heart goes out to his family, especially his children at their time of loss.  This is just horrible.

I'm rambling.  I can't even compose a complete thought.  I feel all over the place right now.

I need a hug.

My day is shot.

6 comments:

  1. It's so sad isn't it, I still can't believe it. He was a true acting great and he will be missed so much. Hope you're doing okay Fisti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shock is slowly starting to ware, so I'm doing better now. This is so hard to process though. Losing such tremendous talents is hard, but when they clearly had so much more to give and left behind family, especially small children, it's that much harder.

      Delete
  2. It's awful. I watched it unfold on Twitter and I was praying for it to be a hoax. I haven't been this worked up over an actor death since Heath Ledger. It makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoffman, Ledger and Gandolfini have all been rough. I hate this so much! Schell died yesterday too. This year is beginning to look a lot like last year, only it's starting so much earlier!

      Delete
  3. This hit me hard. I didn't even realize how much I loved him as an actor until now. He was consistently on his game, and it sucks that he's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO CONSISTENT! It's such a shame we won't see him do anything new again.

      Delete