Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fisti Awards Update

You mean I DIDN'T win this Oscar for my career best work?
Well, this is just a little post to let everyone know that I hustled and got the rest of my ballots up for the 1974 Fisti Awards, and you can see them all here. I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks, which films you love, hate or now feel like you need to see!  There is sure to be a lot of clatter (hopefully) over my acting ballots, as I nominate 8 of Oscar's nominees (and one of their winners) and yet 3 of them are nominated in different categories (fraud of BOTH kinds was all the rage in 1974).  Just to kill the suspense, the three nominees in question are Robert De Niro, Faye Dunaway and Valerie Perrine.  YES, I think that De Niro is Lead and YES I think that Dunaway and Perrine are Supporting.

LOL, but this is a debate that is always ripe to be rehashed!

Next up is 1981 and 1995...

6 comments:

  1. Gena wins, that's all I need :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Burstyn as an actress, but 'Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore' is so tonally inconsistent and her performance suffers from that. Rowlands delivers my favorite female performance of all time.

      Case closed.

      Delete
  2. (golf clap) Love this! It gives me a nudge on some films, like Phantom of the Paradise, Celine and Julie Go Boating, The Night Porter and Day for Night, that I need to see (hopefully) before I post my 1974 ballot next week.

    As always, your acting lineups are brilliant. I've got Dunaway and Perrine in lead right now, but I'll likely move them once I get a stronger Best Actress lineup soon. We're 4/5 in the male categories. Instead of De Niro in lead, I have Nicholson, and instead of Schenck in supporting, I have De Niro. By the way, I LOVE that Hackman and Hoffman top your list. This year is too tough for me. I could easily give Best Actor to those two and Pacino in a 3-way tie, but I've settled on Pacino, since I give Hackman and Hoffman 2 other wins apiece. :/ Love seeing Rowlands win, and Dunaway would probably be my winner as well, if I move her to supporting.

    Your technical categories are wonderful too! It looks like I've got about 10 films to cram in by the end of next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm not gonna lie, I honestly pushed these out this week purposefully so that you would see them before you finished up your awards!

      Celine and Julie Go Boating is on Youtube in full! You can't get it off Netflix and the DVD's available on Amazon won't work on US DVD players, but you MUST see it! Phantom of the Paradise is amazing, and while I've often considered Day for Night the poor man's 8 1/2, the film really does have it's merits, especially in the performances.

      I cannot wait to see where your awards end up!

      Delete
    2. It looks like I'll have to wait on Celine and Julie Go Boating, as it's not on Youtube anymore. :(

      Delete