Thursday, February 6, 2014

An established career gets a needed boost, while a blossoming career continues to do just that!


So, we've already talked about how awesome it is going to be to see Fassbender and Cotillard duke in out in Justin Kurzel's 'Macbeth', but now we have confirmation that the film starts filming this week and the rest of the cast has filled out.  The cast includes a man who's career deserves more attention, and a hot young newbie who deserves the attention; namely Paddy Considine and Elizabeth Debicki!  I'm super stoked about this.  Considine is one of those actors who has been overlooked and ignored and sadly nobody knows who he is, but he's a Fisti Nominee (for 'In America') and I've been waiting for him to get the break he deserves.  This most likely WON'T be that break, since this will be that awesome indie hit that Oscar will ignore completely, but I love to see him cast in something so promising.  Debicki is one of those breakouts from 2013 that proved to be such a breath of fresh air that seeing her get roles in films like this makes me happy.  I have a feeling this'll hit theaters in 2015, but with filming started we could see this happen this year, maybe just in time for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think this will be released this year, but that cast is sooo worth the wait. I hope this wins several Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that this will be the best film that Oscar completely ignores! LOL, but then again, you never know. It's Shakespeare!!!

      Delete
  2. So hyped about this film but I have a bad feeling about this for some reason. This can either go well or be a disaster, same can be said about radically different Interstellar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have the same fear. The source material could go either way depending on the hands in play. I have faith though. The cast is great, and Kurzel showed a distinct vision in 'The Snowtown Murders', so I have a feeling this will at least feel unique, which is what you need with adaptations of such familiar work.

      Delete