Friday, January 3, 2014

WGA


ADAPTED
August: Osage County
Before Midnight
Captain Phillips
Lone Survivor
The Wolf of Wall Street

REACTION:  This one is kind of pointless since big guns like '12 Years a Slave' were ineligible here.  That being said, I'm surprised by the love for 'Lone Survivor' by the guilds, since it looks like such a terrible movie.

ORIGINAL
American Hustle
Blue Jasmine
Dallas Buyers Club
Her
Nebraska

REACTION:  I had a feeling after PGA that 'Dallas Buyers Club' might show up here.  It really is gaining a lot of momentum.  It's funny because I had zero faith in 'Inside Llewyn Davis' before it was showered with critics attention, and now that I have faith in it, it seems to be losing all the steam it had up until this point.  This could be very telling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking Dallas Buyers Club might get a Best Picture nod, as well as The Wolf of Wall Street. I'm starting to worry about Inside Llewyn Davis. Maybe it only gets a Cinematography nod.

    Also, I wonder where Philomena (ineligible here) would fall in Adapted Screenplay. If it gets in along with 12 Years, what two films miss the cut? Lone Survivor and Wolf? Or perhaps August misses. As long as Before Midnight gets in, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August and Lone Survivor won't resurface with Oscar. Philomena and 12 Years a Slave are certainly above them both.

      Delete