Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fincher + Reznor & Ross = One happy blogger...


Two of the best theatrical scores to come out this decade have been for 'The Social Network' and for 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'.  Thankfully, Fincher has gone back to Reznor and Ross to score his upcoming film, 'Gone Girl'.  This may be expected, but I'm thrilled it's been confirmed.  Now, can they score Oscar gold once again?  Their snub for 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is gross.  Hopefully they can at least pull off a nomination here.  Maybe Fincher has learnt his lesson and will tell that embargo to fuck itself before it fucks him out of a handful of Oscar nominations.

6 comments:

  1. I'm fucking stoked about this as well as I'm also happy to learn that NIN is going to play at the Grammys w/ the Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age w/ Lindsey Buckingham to close the ceremony. Finally, a fucking reason to watch the Grammys. I wish I can go see NIN w/ QOSTA for that Australian/New Zealand tour. Then again, NIN might tour the U.S. again as I had a hell of a fucking time at their show back in October. One of the best shows ever!!!!!

    Oh, and it's Trent Reznor, not Trent Rezner. I'm the fucking NIN guy. I know my fucking shit and I get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of music, what's the story about best song nominee "Alone Yet Not Alone", from the film of the same name. The film, as I understand, won't be released until Spring, 2014. Any insight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it was written by the former president of the music branch or something like that...and it got a brief qualifying run for some Christian group or something like that...

      I call bullshit.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited, but I barely remember the score from Dragon Tattoo (and I've seen the film multiple times!). I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get on that. That score is marvelous!

      Delete