Friday, January 31, 2014

1974 Fisti Awards...have begun!

Will 'The Godfather Part II' repeat with the Fistis?

I'm just too busy apparently.  I planned on having my full batch of awards up by today, but copped out after posting the top three (Best Picture, Director, Film Editing).  I have too much to do today, and so you'll have to wait until next week before the balance is posted.  Supporting Actor has been up there for over a year thanks to this 'Closer Look' post from 2012.  I still wholly back that lineup, so no qualms or changes to come.

Anyways, you can hop on over to the 70's Fisti Awards page and check out my lineups for Picture, Director and Editing.

This is a superb year in general, and one that I often look back on with complete admiration.  There was just so much talent, but what strikes me all the more about this year was the way that so many genres were represented and almost redefined.  You had film noir, horror, comedy, musicals, quirky indies and then, of course, you had 'The Godfather Part II', which proved that sequels could be just as good, if not better, than the originals.  My Picture and Director ballots were TIGHT races, with my top eight contenders in each category being almost interchangeable.  Director was the most difficult for me, because some of these directors put in their best work this year, and so many of the year's best films relied so heavily on the style and identity of their directors.

I already want to shift things around.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy and I'll make another update later next week once the balance of the awards get posted.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'll check them out and comment in full on your other awards post. :)

    ReplyDelete