Monday, December 9, 2013

So, the BIFA's happened this weekend...


So, I know that we already decided that these don't matter at all, but since we already posted the nominees, I figured I'd update y'all on the winners that were announced over the weekend.  If nothing else, it provides us with more movies to see!

BRITISH INDEPENDENT FILM:
Metro Manila

DIRECTOR:
Sean Ellis / Metro Manila

DEBUT DIRECTOR:
Paul Wright / For Those in Peril

SCREENPLAY:
Loche

ACTRESS:
Lindsay Duncan / Le Week-end

ACTOR:
James McAvoy / Filth

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Imogen Poots / The Look of Love

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Ben Mendelsohn / Starred Up

MOST PROMISING NEWCOMER:
Chloe Pirrie / Shell

PRODUCTION:
Metro Manila

TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT:
Amy Hubbard (casting) / The Selfish Giant

DOCUMENTARY:
Pussy Riot - A Punk Rock Prayer

BRITISH SHORT:
Z1

INTERNATIONAL INDEPENDENT FILM:
Blue is the Warmest Color

RAINDANCE AWARD:
The Machine

Thoughts:  My only real thought here is that 'Philomena' walked away with nothing, even in Actress, and that surprises me a lot.  Maybe it's fading before our eyes.  Other than that, I want to see 'Metro Manila' now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying to see Metro Manila, and Filth, of course.

    ReplyDelete