Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oscar has narrowed down their Documentary choices!


I've been itching to post this all day, but I was so consumed with updating my post on NYFCC that I sat on this until now.  The 151 documentaries that were submitted to Oscar have been narrowed down to 15!  I've seen two of these, and I have a feeling that both of them will be nominated.  Here are the 15, and I plan on trying to see most (if not all) of them.

The Act of Killing
The Armstrong Lie
Blackfish
The Crash Reel
Cutie and the Boxer
Dirty Wars
First Cousin Once Removed
God Loves Uganda
Life According to Sam
Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer
The Square
Stories We Tell
Tim's Vermeer
20 Feet from Stardom
Which Way Is the Front Line from Here?

2 comments:

  1. Thrilled that Stories We Tell made it. I think Blackfish will win, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I think you are correct. It's hilarious that when these were first announced via tweet, Blackfish was left off and so for about ten minutes the entire AW community thought that it had been snubbed and there was hope for Stories We Tell!

      Delete