Sunday, December 8, 2013

LAFCA Winners


These are announcing now, and I'm going to try and live blog them...but I have a feeling that that may not work out (it's Sunday and these take forever).  But, I'll do what I can.  Whatever I miss today will get updated tomorrow.

PRODUCTION DESIGN
HER

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Nyong'o / 12 YEARS A SLAVE

FILM EDITING
GRAVITY

CINEMATOGRAPHY
GRAVITY

SUPPORTING ACTOR


TIE: Franco (SPRING BREAKERS) & Leto (DALLAS BUYERS CLUB)

ANIMATED FILM
ERNEST & CELESTINE

SCORE (USE of MUSIC
INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS

DOCUMENTARY
STORIES WE TELL

LEAD ACTOR
Dern/NEBRASKA

FOREIGN FILM
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR

SCREENPLAY
BEFORE MIDNIGHT

DIRECTOR
Cuaron/GRAVITY

LEAD ACTRESS

TIE: Blanchett (BLUE JASMINE) & Exarchopoulos (BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR

BEST PICTURE

TIE: GRAVITY & HER

4 comments:

  1. The LA Film Critics Awards for me does a much better job than the NYC Critics Circle. They did ties as well as go outside the box a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just updated this. These are AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. I love that Best Supporting Actor tie! And Before Midnight wins something! These are all pretty great, though.

    Blue is the Warmest Color is actually playing near me this weekend, so I'll hopefully get to see it soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That double win was awesome. They tied up everything here, which is pretty cool. Her is on a role, and I'm starting to think that ScarJo is going to get that Oscar nomination!

      I am so jealous of your movie watching. I just need one month a year where my wife and kids leave and I can binge on movies...preferably the month of December :-P

      Delete