Friday, December 27, 2013

1994 Fistis!!!

These creatures are heavenly...

So I have this list about a mile long of things I want to wrap up before the new year and I'm finding that I don't think it's possible...but one thing at a time and here we are with the 1994 Fisti Awards so YAY, I did accomplish something today.  I have stated many times that I find this year to be one of the weakest 'overall' in the 90's, but as I watched and watched and watched some more I did find what I consider to be an exceptional Top Twelve.

One thing I did notice about this year is that I really skewed old when it comes to my acting nominees, which kind of made me happy.  Every year we balk about the lack of intelligent and inspired roles for our older actors and yet 1994 really showed how you can find brilliant characters and projects for our aged actors.  In fact, the average age of all twenty nominees is 43.4, with the oldest nominee being 69, and it's a lead performance and the WINNER!  Yes, of the twenty nominees, eight are over the age of 50.  Yes, there are some young nominees that bring the collective average down (two teenagers and a pre-teen) but this year really was a bounty of mature performances.

So dig in and let me know what you think  I can't wait to hear what you have to say, especially when you see that the beloved 'Forrest Gump' (I hate that movie) walks away with a solitary Sound nomination.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! RED love! I never really considered Trintignant supporting, but he probably should be there.

    I still need to see Heavenly Creatures, Wild Reeds, Satantango, Ashes of Time and Vanya on 42nd Street, among others. I love your acting lineups, but I've only seen one (Robbins) from your leading categories.

    Random: That Flintstones nod is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love it (Red, that is)! I know that many feel Trintignant is co-lead, but I feel like he is very much a secondary character or an anchor for Irene's character development.

      He's astonishing in the film though.

      Heavenly Creatures is one of my favorite films of all time.

      LOL, glad you love the Flintstones nom!

      Delete