Saturday, November 23, 2013

Short lists for Shorts...


Well, that was short lived.  The idea that there could be a Cuaron family night at the Oscars is no more, now that Aningaaq is not in contention for a nomination.  Yes, the short lists are in for Documentary, Live Action and Animated Short.  You can see some of these online, and I plan to do that next week.  For the time being, take a gander at the lists below.  The best way to predict these each year is to actually see them, so I plan to do that this year (I never have before, unless it was tagged to the beginning of a Pixar movie).

Live Action Short

Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn't Me)
Avant Que De Tout Perdre (Just Before Losing Everything)
Dva (Two)
Helium 
Kush
Pitaako Mun Kaikki Hoitaa? (Do I Have to Take Care of Everything?)
Record/Play
Throat Song
Tiger Boy
The Voorman Problem

Animated Short

Feral
Get a Horse!
Gloria Victoria
Hollow Land
The Missing Scarf
Mr. Hublot
Possessions
Requiem for Romance
Room on the Broom
Subconscious Password

Documentary Short

CaveDigger
Facing Fear
Jujitsu-ing Reality
Karama Has No Walls
The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life
Prison Terminal: The Last Days of Private Jack Hall
Recollections
SLOMO

6 comments:

  1. The finalists for Doc shorts were already announced weeks ago:

    http://www.oscars.org/press/pressreleases/2013/20131010.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane! I'll amend this post now.

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised that Aningaaq missed the cut, but these categories are impossible to predict. Since I watched the narrative shorts last year, I might do it again. I'll wait until the nominees are announced, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually really shocked it missed...but oh well.

      I saw Get a Horse the other night...it played before Frozen, and it was pretty good. I'll be reviewing that next week.

      Delete
  3. Well i don't think Aningaaq is significantly good although i enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for this list! I'd need to check these out soon (at least the ones i can find online :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reviewed Aningaaq here:
      http://afistfuloffilms.blogspot.com/2013/11/would-you-like-some-more-gravity.html

      I thought it was good within the framework of the film, but looked at separately it wasn't as good.

      Delete