Monday, November 4, 2013

I love 'Lucy' (at least I think I will)

I like this breed of superhero!
The career resurgence of Scarlett Johansson is my favorite thing to come out of 2013, and it looks like it'll be carrying over into 2014 with Luc Besson's film 'Lucy'.  These pics surfaced late last month, but I just found them today.  If this is the new look for superheros today, I'm all for it.  This is a few sexy steps up from Black Widow!  Besson may not have the best track record out there, but when he's hot, he's hot, and he knows his way around an action scene.  With Scarlett Johansson in his arsenal, no wonder he looks confident.

Like a boss!
Speaking of the film, Besson says our perception of what this film is about is all wrong.  According to a press conference he had over in Taiwan, the whole drug mule angle is NOT the film's focal point and only comprised of about five pages of the script.  Instead, the film is about 'pure intellegence' (whatever the fuck that means) and he compared it to a mix of 'Leon' and 'Inception' (I'm sold) and said that this was a 'trial'.

Color me intrigued.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy that Scarlett is getting serious again although I'm not sure if Luc Besson will be the right idea since his last film wasn't very good and he hasn't made a worthwhile film since The Fifth Element which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but this is in his wheelhouse, so if this is anything like his 90's fare then it should be a worthwhile adventure for her.

      Delete