Tuesday, November 5, 2013

David Cronenberg is a dick!

Your mouth is hideous...

I'm all for directors and actors and whoever you are having your own opinion, but David Cronenberg is continually proving himself one of the most arrogant, pompous, condescending assholes in the business right now (hyperbole galore and yet, I'm being serious).  Remember his rant against superhero movies?  Well, not he's shitting all over Stanley Kubrick.  In an interview at the Toronto Film Festival, Cronenberg decided to take a giant dump all over Kubrick's 'The Shining', and while he was at it he decided to talk up his own directorial style while trashing that of the late, great auteur.  Check out these quotes:

"I think I'm a more intimate and personal film-maker than Kubrick ever was"
"In a weird way, though he's revered as a high-level cinematic artist"

Have some fucking respect!  Seriously, there is such a thing as having an opinion and then there is taking pot-shots at the deceased.  I know that many directors have stooped to criticizing the competition, but this is low.  You can read the rest of the article here.  I love how Cronenberg thinks that he is a 'personal' director.  News flash buddy, your work is about as cold and calculated as Kubrick ever was, except he was far more consistent and had a much larger range than you.

What a dick.

3 comments:

  1. I love David Cronenberg and I respect his work and his opinions but he's so fucking wrong about Kubrick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so fucking wrong about a lot of shit. He's one of those people who just needs to shut up and make movies.

      Delete
  2. I'd much rather hear directors discussing filmmakers they admire. Cronenberg is way off base here.

    ReplyDelete