Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another Fisti Update...

Wait...don't you love me?

Yes Paul, I do love you very, VERY much, so don't be alarmed by your epic snub at my 1967 Fisti Awards.  I know that this is going to rub some people the wrong way, but this year was just too good and that category was just too crowded.  In fact, I had three actors fighting it out for the last slot, and I wound up going with the one actor who surprised me the most and doesn't have the chance to rack up other nominations (Newman is nominated for MANY Fisti Awards and wins a few).  Still, I know that he is oft remembered for this particular performance, and that many people actually feel he should have won the Oscar over the likes of Rod Steiger, but I'll say this...

Steiger in 'In the Heat of the Night'>>>>>Paul Newman in 'Cool Hand Luke'

Anyways, indulge and let me know what you think of my winners and nominees.  This may be my favorite collective winners circle of actors of the posted Fisti's so far.  I am in AWE of all four of these winners.

4 comments:

  1. I just watched In the Heat of the Night for the first time a few weeks ago and Steiger was great in that film. However, I am not sure I would give him the nod over Newman in Cool Hand Luke. That is a tough call all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tough call, but at the end of the day it just felt right. I give Newman his due, believe me ;-)

      Delete
  2. No wonder I couldn't guess your Best Actor pick! Figured you didn't go with Steiger, but I knew he'd be high on your list. ;)

    Your supporting actor lineup is awesome! Arkin was *this* close to making mine. Love seeing Finch in there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad you love it. I'm happy all around with these lineups. The hardest to narrow down was Lead Actor. It was just SO DAMN STRONG this year. I would have loved to have a top seven, but I just couldn't.

      Delete