Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trailer Break: Under the Skin


I think I've watched this teaser about twenty times today already and I must say, it is buried deep beneath my skin and it's not leaving anytime soon.  Couple this chilling imagery with the reviews out of Venice (some are calling it a masterpiece, all are hailing Johansson's performance as iconic) and I am really excited for this one.  I loved 'Sexy Beast' and found many elements of 'Birth' to be intoxicating, and the reviews likening this to Tarkovsky and Lynch have me more than wet with anticipation.  This has been at the top of my list all year, and this only confirms that we are all in for something special.  Here's to hoping that Johansson wins the Volpi Cup!  Thank Jesus her star is finally rising once again.

10 comments:

  1. This looks so intriguing, but someone mentioned there's a baby dying, a dog dying, and a rape scene, and that's kind of like strike 1, 2, and 3 on my "I'm too big of a wuss to go see this in theaters" scale. Lame, I know. I think I'm going to try to read the book first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go ahead and order the book already. I've been searching bookstore after bookstore for it since last year and no one carries it!

      Delete
    2. I just saw that my public library has it, now I'm counting down this next hour for me to get off work and go find it.

      Delete
    3. I'm jealous! I expect some kind of post on your blog on this when you are through! I just may have to order it today.

      Delete
  2. Finally, Scar-Jo is ready to show the world that she is a force to be reckoned with. Her time has come now. After a period of uneven films ranging from great (The Avengers, The Prestige, and Match Point to good (We Bought a Zoo, In Good Company, A Love Song for Bobby Long, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and A Good Woman) to mediocre (The Nanny Diaries, Scoop, Iron Man 2, The Black Dahlia, and The Other Boleyn Girl, and to the horrendous (He's Just Not that Into You, The Island, and The Spirit). It's about fucking time she shows her worth and to go out there and kick some ass. The Scar-Jo I know and love is finally coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you! This is her time. Between this and 'Her', she is going to have a banner year.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget Don Jon which looks hilarious.

      Delete
    3. YES, I knew that I was forgetting something. She looks killer in that, and from what I've heard from those who have seen it, she is great in the part. I can't wait for this year to give her the complete comeback she deserves. An Oscar in the next 5 years would make me so fucking happy!!!

      Delete
  3. I loved both Sexy Beast and Birth, and it's Scarlett Johansson for cryin' out loud. I'm game! :D

    ReplyDelete