Thursday, September 26, 2013

Trailer Break: Foxcatcher


Sadly, I can't embed the trailer here, but I suggest to march on over to YouTube now and watch this!  This looks incredible!  I've been high on this throughout the year, especially in the beginning of the year when I stated that Channing Tatum and Steve Carell were LOCKS for Oscar consideration, but the lack of word and buzz for this and the rumors that this was being shelved for next year had my confidence wane, until earlier this month when I placed it back in the Picture and Director races.  Carell looks fierce here, but even more than that, Channing Tatum looks remarkable, and the atmosphere created in just 1 minute here is incredible.  If they push Tatum in Supporting (category fraud, I'm sure) he's in it to win in, especially in the wide open category.  This is going to be HUGE with Oscar; mark my words.

8 comments:

  1. Uh... the video clip has been removed by the user.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm curious how this one will do! it's a crowded season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to add that the film's being pushed for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless something changed yesterday, that was a rumor and the film is being released on December 20th of this year.

      Delete
    2. Well, my eyes are now adjusted to my computer screen and I see the article from dateline and I see that you are right, it is being moved to 2014!

      http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/spc-moves-foxcatcher-out-of-oscar-race/

      This year is ridiculous!

      Delete
  4. Such a shame this is getting moved. Looks so freakin' tense and chilling, especially given that it's a one minute teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, this is a complete shame. After that teaser yesterday, this jumped to one of my most anticipated of the year. This year is thinning out big time.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, this looks terrific! Hopefully, it will be an even bigger contender next year.

    ReplyDelete