Sunday, September 1, 2013

Five Nights with Fanning starts tonight!


I just want to remind everyone that tonight will be the first 'Night with Fanning' for those interested in participating in the series I started last month (I honestly can't believe it's been a month already).  Last month we spent five nights with the year 1956, and this month we are spending the week with my personal favorite child actor Elle Fanning.  Now I'll be watching a movie of hers every night this week, starting tonight, and will be reviewing that film the following morning.  So, tonight I'll be watching 'My Neighbor Totoro' yet again and then will post my review tomorrow.  Now, these reviews are NOT going to be on Fanning herself (although she will factor into some of the reviews) but she is mainly the connective tissue to each of the features of the week.  You may ask, how the hell is she connecting 'My Neighbor Totoro' to anything, since it was made in 1988 before she was even born.  Well, she actually voices the youngest child in the English version of the film (which is the one I have) so it counts!  Besides, I really, really want to review that movie for you guys (such a masterpiece).

Anyways, here is the breakdown of the week (review wise):

My Neighbor Totoro (9/2)
Ginger and Rosa (9/3)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (9/4)
Somewhere (9/5)
Super 8 (9/6)

I hope that you all can comment and if you want to post your own reviews for these films on those dates on your blogs, send me a link and I will post a link on my page.  I hope to make this a regular thing, so keep it in mind and try to play along!

6 comments:

  1. For me, Somewhere is the best of the bunch as I think it features one of the best performances from a young kid as it's very natural and enchanting. I think Elle is a better actress than her older sister. She's definitely making a name for herself while not preying to the conventions of Hollywood and the demands on its child actors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing! I hope that you play along on Thursday when I review Somewhere. If you want to post a review of the film, or if you already have, send me a link and I'll put that in my post!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I've done that and more. Here's my review on the film and here's my essay about the film.

      Delete
    3. Awesome! I'll make note of those for my post Thursday!

      Delete
  2. I forgot this was coming up. Where did last month go?

    I think her best performance is probably in Ginger and Rosa, but Somewhere is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back and forth between Ginger & Rosa and Super 8, but she was stunning in Somewhere as well.

      Delete