Friday, September 6, 2013

Cringing over Zeitlin's taste level...




I just can't with this right now.  This sounds AWFUL!  Please, please Benh...think of anything else.  I get the whole 'quirky, environmental, elemental' vibe thing, but this just sounds like an ill-advised amalgam of 'Avatar' and 'Fern Gully'.  This sounds so...dumb.

I have faith in you Benh, but this just sounds like a messy attempt to be interesting, and it sounds forced.  I LOVED 'Beasts of the Southern Wild', but this has me questioning his longevity as a director and his taste level.  I just hope this winds up better than it sounds.

Or he's joking.  I honestly hope that he is joking.

6 comments:

  1. Haha I want to trust in him, but I actually had to read the description about 5 times to make any sense of it. I think if he removes some aspects of it, then maybe it could work.

    Like, take the first sentence and that could be cool.

    Or, take the second sentence and that could be a cool movie on its own too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes...this sounds like way too many ideas, and sadly none of them sound all that exciting to begin with. This is what trying too hard looks like.

      Delete
    2. To be fair, I feel like if you asked him to describe "Beasts of the Southern Wild" two years ago, it would sound just as aloof. I'm just gonna hope that he somehow trims it down and makes something as compelling as Beasts. I would hate to see his career crash and burn.

      Delete
  2. The picture you choose to post is too perfect. The moment I saw it I was mentally rolling my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this doesn't sound promising. If he's not kidding, maybe he'll drop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, he probably wrote it, which means he's committed...to ruining his career before it really takes off.

      Delete