Monday, September 23, 2013

Bernard Pivot's 10 Questions (From 'Inside the Actor's Studio')

Give me your mind, for just a moment...
For pure shits and giggles, lets have fun with this.  I've answered his questions below.  I'd love to hear your answers.  Leave them in the comment section!

1. What is your favourite word? 
Acquiesce 

2. What is your least favourite word? 
Totally (and I should add that I really mean 'totally, when spoken by a teenage girl or by my daughter, who happens to think that she is a teenage girl)

3. What turns you on? 
It kind of depends on if you mean 'sexually' or 'emotionally', because they are two different things. Naked people turn me on sexually (attractive naked people) but emotionally is a different ballgame. Kindness turns me on, like selfless kindness. If someone is good with kids, that turns me on emotionally; and I also am really attracted to people who are creative.

4. What turns you off? 
Well, ugly people and bad smells are a definite sexual turnoff, and jealousy and selfishness will make me want to punch you in the face.

5. What sound do you love? 
Lots of things that relate to being a parent. My son's cooing is the cutest sound ever. I still remember when my eldest daughter would growl instead of coo; that was adorable. My youngest daughter has the cutest laugh I've ever heard. Of course, when either of my girl's say "I love you" I melt. 

If we're talking sounds not related to my kids, I'd say the rain, which sounds so generic and yet I'm being honest; I love it.

6. What sound do you hate? 
Dogs barking at 1AM...and while my son is amazing, when he's screaming his head off in the middle of the night I want to do the same.

7. What is your favourite curse word? 
Bitch

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? 
I hate my fucking job. I've wanted to be an author since I was about five and a chef since I was about nineteen. I also want an Oscar, and performing a love scene with Scarlett Johansson or sleeping with David Fincher to get a part sounds like fun so...I want to be an actor.

9. What profession would you not like to do? 
The one I'm doing now.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? 
You didn't do as bad as you think you did.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Why didn't I think of it? I think I'll steal it for tomorrow. ;)

    I just rewatched some ITAS episodes over the weekend. It's one of my favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I can relate with children's laughter. My son laughing is my favorite thing, or when he says "mommy." or "I love you." and LOL at sleeping with David Fincher for a part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I had to throw a little something in there to keep people on their toes. I'd honestly do ANYTHING to be in one of his movies. It doesn't hurt that he's kind of hot ;-)

      Delete
  3. Embarrassingly don't know that word "acquiesce", looking it up...

    To me, there's nothing worse than sitting next to a foul-smelling person at the movie theatre. Especially if no other seats are available.

    I "totally" liked your answers. "Totally" get what you're saying, man. Couldn't resist ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I never use the word in a sentence or anything, but it's been my favorite word (the sound, the spelling, the meaning) for YEARS.

      Delete