Thursday, August 8, 2013

What the hell is happening?


I don't know if I can take much more of this.  I'm still trying to recover from the loss of Jame Gandolfini, and since his death there have been at least four other notable celebrity deaths and the year is only half way through.  This has to be some kind of record, and honestly it isn't a record I want to ever seen broken.  Please make this stop!  Since Gandolfini passed on June 19th, we've lost Cory Monteith on July 13th, Dennis Farina on July 22nd, Eileen Brennan on July 28th and now Karen Black, today, August 8th.  Karen was 74 and had apparently been battling cancer since 2010.  I'll always remember Black for her devastating turn in 'Five Easy Pieces', for which she was nominated for the Oscar (and should have won).  Such a true talent, it is so sad to see them leave us.  This has been a hard year.  I'm going to be a mess during the 'in memoriam' section at the Oscars.

2 comments:

  1. Man, that Oscar montage is going to be ROUGH. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even want to think about it right now.

      Delete