Friday, August 2, 2013

Welcome back, Ellen!


It happened once, and it really worked.  Well, Variety is reporting that it's happening again.  Ellen DeGeneres has been announced as the Oscar host for the 2013 film year.  I'm super excited for this.  She hosted back in 2007 (for the 2006 film year) and made the most of her stage time, landing jokes, livening the atmosphere and avoiding controversy and scathing reviews.  She's a born entertainer, not just a comedian, and her charisma and charm go a long way into making the drug out Oscar ceremonies feel light and fresh.  So, how do you feel about this?  Are you on board for another round of DeGeneres?  I've been saying for years they needed to get her back.  When Murphy bowed out and they brought back Billy Crystal for that disastrous 2011 ceremony I said they should have brought back DeGeneres.  I'll be honest; the idea of Timberlake hosting was intriguing (it could have worked, but it also could have been a major hot mess) but this, albeit safe, is totally worth getting excited over.

5 comments:

  1. As long as she does that booty slap. I'm cool with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just in love with everything she did the last time. This was a perfect choice!

      Delete
  2. Hmm... I thought she did a good job the first time, but she wouldn't be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would you have rather seen them go with?

      Delete
    2. Probably Robert Downey Jr. or Fey/Poehler.

      Delete