Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Trailer & Poster Break: Enough Said


I don't know whether to laugh with excitement or to cry in sorrow, but this trailer for September's 'Enough Said' had me so excited and yet so saddened.  The passing of James Gandolfini has yet to settle with me.  It has to be the hardest celebrity death I've had to endure in all my years of movie-watching and celebrity obsessing.  He'll always be one of my favorites.  Still, the chance to see him in his farewell piece at the end of the year brings a tear to my eyes and smile to my face.  This lighthearted comedy, written and directed by Nicole Holofcener, looks tremendous.  The chemistry between the entire cast is sensational, with all four stars (Gandolfini, Louis-Dreyfus, Collette and Holofcener regular Keener) giving it such clean, natural charisma.  Holofcener has a way with her actors and has pulled out great performances in her films before, so why should this be any different?  I expect to see the Globes shower this come year's end, especially if this gets good ink.  Is it too much to ask for a posthumous Oscar nomination for Gandolfini?  His career deserved at least one!  I doubt it will happen, but I won't rule it out.

Oh, and here is the poster.  Simple, yet effective.  I can't wait for September 20th.  This looks like a great date night movie!


4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this since I just did an Auteurs piece on Nicole Holofcener this past spring. I'm really bummed that James Gandolfini isn't around anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to swing over and check out your piece. I need to see more of her work. I've only seen Please Give and Friends With Money.

      Delete
  2. I'm still bummed as well. I've been meaning to go back and watch some of his films that I've missed.

    This film looks wonderful. It would be awesome if he could get nominated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my fingers crossed. I have a feeling he'll at least snag a Spirit Award, and depending on the competition (as in, if the Oscar frontrunner is in the lineup) I actually think he could win.

      Delete