Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Trailer Break: Muppets Most Wanted


I know that not everyone was as smitten with 2011's 'The Muppet Movie' as I was, and I admit that it has it's detractors and obvious faults, but there was such a nostalgic aura of wonderfulness about it that I couldn't help but fall in love with every frame.  What made that film so fun was the way it was promoted as well, with those hilarious trailers that spoofed the movie as if it was a trailer for a movie inside a movie.  I still remember the Facebook page for the trailer.  Now we have the new Muppets film, 'Muppets Most Wanted', coming out next year.  I'm already on board.  My kids will eat this up, and I'll be first in line to laugh my ass off with them.  This trailer spoofs the sequel gloriously, purposefully selling this as a film that tries too hard to be bigger than the first, and it shows us enough crammed into that one minute to make it obvious that this film is trying way too hard, and part of me LOVES that about it.  This is going to be a hot mess, but possibly the greatest hot mess of all time!

Right?

2 comments:

  1. The previous film was fun, and this looks like a lot more of it. Tina Fey looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete